Last Updated May 24, 2018
Rocky Nook, Inc., operators of the website www.rockynook.com, takes the privacy of personal data very seriously. We want you to know when and how we store and use personal data. We have taken all possible measures to ensure that our external service providers and ourselves adhere to privacy regulations.
Rocky Nook, Inc. acts as a data controller for the personal information we process on our own behalf, and as a data processor for personal information we process based on the instructions of You or another third party who provides us personal information.
We primarily process your data from and within the United States. However, this policy will control even where We process your data outside the United States.
We collect information from you when you request any information from us or register on our website. We will then ask you to provide basic contact information including your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Additional information we collect from you:
• Your billing or other credit information when you purchase products or services, including billing address and shipping address.
• Your device and networks, including location data.
For more information about how we collect information or our collection practices, please e-mail: email@example.com.
How we may use information collected from you:
• we may use information to provide you with the Services you request.
• we may use information to provide you with additional information about our affiliated companies, and/ or partners’ services, promotions, and events.
• we may use information to improve our website functionality and/or Services.
• we may use information to share with third-party advertising networks to help improve the delivery of ads or content most relevant, interesting and personal to you on websites and apps.
• we may use information to share with third party companies who provide services you request on our behalf; and customer service related help and assistance when you call in to our number, send us an e-mail, or use our chat capabilities (when available).
• we may use information to share with third-party web analytics services (such as Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you.
• we may use information to provide recommendations or advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you.
• we may use information to prevent, investigate and deal with fraud, violation of intellectual property rights and other laws, and unauthorized access or use of the website or Services or, your account.
• we may use information as otherwise reasonable and appropriate to the legitimate business needs of our other products or services.
• You may contact us to review, correct, update or request deletion of personal information about you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Where appropriate, we provide you with the ability to opt-out of receiving our marketing emails by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in those emails. However, you will still receive transactional information regarding Services that you use as a result of being a customer.
• You may turn off cookies in your browser.
Retention of your Personal Information
We may retain your personal information for a period of time, the length of which will depend on the purpose for which we originally collected the information, the instructions of a controller when we act as a processor, and/or our requirements to comply with applicable laws.
Reviewing, modifying and deleting your information
You may request to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have previously provided to us through our website and/or Services. If you have registered for an account with Rocky Nook Inc. you may generally update your user settings, profile, organization’s settings or event registration by logging into the applicable website or Service with your username and password.
To update your billing information or discontinue your account, please contact email@example.com.
For other requests to review, modify or delete your personal data, please review the “How to Contact Us” section below. Requests to access, modify, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
How to Contact Us:
Rocky Nook, Inc.
1010 B Street, Suite 350
San Rafael, CA 94901
Last Updated May 24, 2018
By using this website, You agree that We may share with third parties Aggregate Information, individual information, and locator information gathered by this website in the course of your use of the website. “Aggregate Information” is information which describes the habits, usage patterns, and/or demographics of users as a group, but does not describe or reveal the actual identity of any particular user.
Transfer of your personal information from the EEA
Where Australia’s Privacy Act applies to your personal information, You agree that we will not be responsible for a third-party’s breach or mishandling of your personal information, and You agree not to seek redress from us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your personal information to third parties who provide some of our Services through contractual arrangements or where sharing of personal information is necessary to operate our website, and to our affiliated companies to share their services with You.
For example, We:
• provide your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on our websites.
• provide your shipping address to the delivery service to deliver products that You ordered.
• share your personal information with third parties performing certain tasks on our behalf, which may include operational or administrative assistance of the website or Services.
• share your personal information with third party companies who may provide customer service related help and assistance when You call in to our number, send Us an e-mail, or use our chat capabilities (when available), limited to that personal information reasonably required to resolve the purpose for which You contacted Us.
• use your information to conduct polls or surveys.
We may also share personal information as otherwise described to You at the point of collection.
Where Required or Permitted By law
We may disclose personal information (i) if it is required by law enforcement or judicial authorities; (ii) if We have a good faith belief that We are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; or (iii) to protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of Rocky Nook Inc.
We may provide additional information to You via e-mail, including service messages with important information about your account, informative newsletters, special promotions, and other announcements related to the products and Services We offer. You will have the option to manage your subscriptions to these communications or unsubscribe from receiving e-mail messages.
We may share your personal information with third-party advertisers or advertising networks for their advertising, such as Facebook. For example, if You click on an ad, the ad poster will know You visited the page that You clicked on. Also, advertising partners can associate personal data collected by the advertiser directly from You with our cookies and similar technologies.
You must be 18 years of age or older to create an account on this website. We do not knowingly solicit orders or collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If You have reason to believe that any personal information has been submitted to Us by a child under thirteen, contact Us and upon verification of each claim, We will delete that personal information as soon as possible.
Your Device and Location
When You visit or leave this website (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on third-party websites), We receive the URL of both the website You came from and the one You go to next. We may also gather information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier.
If You use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send Us data about your location. Most devices allow You to prevent location data from being sent to Us.
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of such other websites. We encourage You to read the privacy statements of any linked sites as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Your Rights and Choices
You can tell Us to not contact You with promotional information regarding our Services and those of third parties either at the point information is requested on our website (by checking or un-ticking, as directed, the relevant box) or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on promotional communications sent to You.
Where applicable, You may request that We:
• provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about You.
• prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
• update your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.
• (where reasonable), restrict the way that We process and disclose certain of your personal information.
• Provide You your personal information.
• cease processing of your personal information.
• delete certain information which We are holding about You (request that you be forgotten).
In some circumstances, for example if We need to continue processing Your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation, we may not be able to grant your requests. An exercise of the right to be forgotten will result in your inability to use the website and/or Service, and will break any linkage between your prior account and your historical engagement data.
Requests & Responses:
• We may request You provide Us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request. In the case of access and correction requests, please provide as much detail as You can about the particular personal data You seek, in order to help us locate it.
• We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law.
• Where We decide not to make a requested correction to your personal data and You disagree, You may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the personal information we hold.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS: California law permits visitors who are California residents to request once per year certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of Control or Sale
We may share your personal information in the event our business or Service is sold, as part of a merger or change in control, or in preparation for these events. Any successor entity will have the right to continue to use your personal information.
Updates to This Policy
How to Contact Us:
Rocky Nook, Inc.
1010 B Street, Suite 350
San Rafael, CA 94901
Last Updated May 24, 2018
We use and allow certain other companies to use certain tracking technologies including cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies on our website to provide You information and/ or services.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain information and are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when You visit a website. They are useful because they allow websites to recognize a user’s device. They are then returned to the original website on each subsequent visit or to any other website that recognizes them. For more information about cookies, You can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of Information We Collect
Cookies help Us learn how our Products are used and to improve the Products. Examples of the types of information that We collect through Cookies include:
• The number of website visitors and website views, the pages of Products viewed, the clicks made on the Products, and the total duration of navigation on the Products;
• The name of the page that referred You to our website;
• Whether this is your first time visiting our website;
• Your viewing preferences (e.g. layout, sizing preferences, language etc.);
• Your city and country; and
• the type of browser used and your IP address, so that We can identify You during your future visits.
• To track usage of the Products;
• To control the display of ads, including interest-based ads;
• To determine if You opened our emails;
• To customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of our website; and
• To personalize information.
Types of Cookies We Use on Our Products
We use first party and third-party Cookies for several reasons. Some Cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Products to operate, and We refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” Cookies. Other Cookies enable Us to track and target the interests of our users and to enhance the experience on our Products. Third parties also serve Cookies through our Products for advertising, analytics and other purposes. The specific types of first and third-party Cookies served through our Products and the functions they perform are described in more detail below.
These Cookies are created by Rocky Nook, Inc. They allow You to browse our Products and use their features.
Essential Cookies: These Cookies are strictly necessary to allow You to move around the Products and use their features. Without these Cookies, We cannot enable the Products to function on your device. Therefore, these Cookies cannot be disabled.
Functional Cookies: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make on our Products (such as your preferred language or the region You are in). To refuse these Cookies, please follow the instructions below under the section Cookie Management. Note that by disabling functional Cookies, You may not be able to use some of our features or those features may not function properly.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Products, such as the links You click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device, is active only while You are connected to the Products, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Advertising Cookies: These Cookies, defined exclusively by third parties, collect several types of data about your browsing habits, as well as your preferences for products and services. This information allows Us to serve You relevant advertisements on our Products. To refuse these Cookies, please follow the instructions below under the section Cookie Management. Some advertisements may also contain an icon that You may click on to find out more about how to manage your advertising preferences.
Third-Party Functional Cookies: These Cookies are defined by third parties who support our Products and allow You to use useful services and features. To refuse these Cookies, please follow the instructions below under the section Cookie Management.
Duration of storage of Cookies on your device
We use both “session Cookies” (which expire once You close your web browser) and “persistent Cookies” (which stay on your computer until You delete them).
To learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the Web, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
Disabling Advertising Cookies
Some advertising service providers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. If You opt-out of receiving targeted ads in this manner, You will continue to receive advertising messages after You opt-out, but they will not be tailored based on your usage of the Products or third-party websites. If You would like to learn information about how advertisers’ use of tracking technologies and your options, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org. To learn more about how interest-based information is collected, whether the companies we use are part of an industry network regarding behavioral advertising and to know your choices, visit http://www.aboutads.info. The collection of information via certain ads served to users in Canada may be managed by visiting youradchoices.ca.
Keep in mind an opt-out is Cookie-based and only affects the specific device and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
Using Browser Settings
You can disable and/or delete most types of Cookies through your browser settings. If You use your browser settings to block all Cookies, You may not be able to access parts of our or others’ Products. For information about how to modify the Cookies settings on some popular browsers please see the following:
Apple Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9 or https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
Changes to the Cookies Notice