Master Photo Ephemeris Web to Plan Great Landscape Shots by Glenn Randall February 16, 2023 – Posted in: Photography
Type of Event: Online Masterclass with Q&A
When: Thursday, March 9th, 2023
Time: 10.00am-12.00pm Pacific
Cost: EARLY BIRD PRICE OF $35 ends at 11.59pm (Pacific) on Monday, February 20th ($50 after this date)
In this live 2-hour online masterclass and Q&A, critically acclaimed landscape photographer and best-selling Rocky Nook author Glenn Randall will teach you the most important features of the Photo Ephemeris Web photo-planning application to help you plan great landscape shots.
What will be covered?
- How to use the Photo Ephemeris Web interface to search for and save locations, and how set the date, time, map type, and other parameters when planning a shoot.
- How to use Photo Ephemeris Web to predict the position of the sun, moon, and galactic center at any time of day or night, almost anywhere in the world.
- How to use the geodetics panel to determine the distance, direction, elevation change, and change in altitude and how to use that information to predict when light will reach or leave your foreground or a distant subject.
- How to use Photo Ephemeris Web’s Visual Search function to search for the date and time when the sun, moon, or galactic center will appear in a specific place in the sky.
- How to use the Sphere module to visualize in three dimensions where the sun, moon, and galactic center will be in relationship to terrain features.
- How to add the SkyFire app to Photo Ephemeris Web. SkyFire provides predictions of the chance that colorful clouds will light up at sunrise or sunset.
- Master Photo Ephemeris Web, the leading photo-planning application
- Learn how to plan the perfect time and place for your landscape photo shoots
- Improve your chances of creating powerful images
This online course will be recorded – As a participant you will be sent a password-protected link to the video recording to re-watch at your convenience.
About the presenter:
Since 1979 Glenn Randall has combined his love of the wilderness with his passion for photography to create stunning landscape images. His intimate knowledge of atmospheric optics, weather conditions, and the landscapes he photographs allows him to find an intersection between magical light and stunning subject matter, which results in exceptional images. Glenn has authored over 200 magazine articles and 11 books, including three best-selling books with Rocky Nook: The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography (1st and 2nd Editions) and Dusk to Dawn: A Guide to Landscape Photography at Night.